Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dead Body in the Trunk by Samantha Babbie

The day the accident happened seemed to be just another typical day, but I wasn’t paying attention to the road. My attention was focused on the radio, because I wanted to listen to something with a bit more rhythm to it. After hitting the car in front of me, I immediately got out of my car to check on the other person, not noticing that the trunk of his car opened up. It was Jake Gyllenhaal! I asked him how he was, and he told me not to worry. I rushed over to my car to grab my papers when I realized that the trunk had been smashed open. That’s when I saw it and freaked out. There was a dead body in the back of Jake Gyllenhaal’s trunk, and I didn’t know if it was real or not.
After taking some time to exchange information, people were stopping to help, since the accident looked bigger than it was. I couldn’t seem to keep my mind off the body in the trunk. I knew if others were going to help, they would notice and probably ask about it, too. Once people started gathering, jokingly, I asked him about the body in the trunk. He only laughed cynically, without saying a word. I must say, it really scared me. He finally told me it was a prop for a new movie he was working on, and he wanted to take it home to show his family how well things were progressing in the movie business.
As other people started to line up to help, he decided to close up the trunk the best he could, before pictures would be taken. I told him it would be best if I called the police. He pulled me to the side and told me it wasn’t necessary. He said not to worry; he’d take care of all the expenses. As nice as it sounded, it made me very suspicious that he suddenly offered to pay for everything.
As we walked back to the crowd of people at the crash site, someone said they called the police and that they were on their way. Jake decided that was his time to head out; he thanked everyone for wanting to be so helpful and took off with his trunk flying up and down as he drove away. Everyone seemed concerned, but no one could do much about it. Once the police came, I explained my end of the story, as well as what I thought I may have seen in the back of the trunk. They thanked me, ticketed me and went on their way to find him.
What a day that was! It was weirdest experience that I’ve ever been through, and I’ll probably never forget it.

2 comments:

  1. Good work,Samantha. Excellent paper it was greatly written.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative imagination you have Samantha . I bet Jake Gyllenhaal would get a laugh out of this story. Jake would probably want to write the screenplay about it. I almost believed it to be true during my first reading of it. (LOL). I give this story a 10 out of 10. Yes. Five Stars. Ever thought about writing fiction as a hobby ? Great work.

    Love, A Fan.

    ReplyDelete