Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I am a friend to ... by Zoe' Hollins

 
I am a friend to many…I am a friend to the most minute thing such as the dust that accumulates in my home. We tend to meet quite often and I often wonder why dust tends to visit so often, bringing its entire family along.

I am a friend to pen and paper, forever making lists consisting of events, projects and purchase lists. I often have a backup list to the 1st list of things that still have yet to be done.

I am a friend to my thoughts, always having something or someone on my mind; wishing, wondering and praying for the best. I often think outside of my current state of being and place myself somewhere more relaxing and pleasing to the eye, where my phone won’t ring and no one will need, want or demand and where there is no physical, mental or emotional upheaval.

1 comment:

  1. Zoe', I remember when you wrote this, and I was so surprised that you wrote it so quickly. I love your image of the dust "family" visiting. I wish they would all visit you, instead of me! Good job.

    ReplyDelete