Sunday, March 18, 2012

Galaxy: Planet Super Stylish by Jasmine Gant

I imagine myself on a planet that places me in the world of the Jetsons. This galaxy world is exciting, with talking robots, non-stop shopping, makeovers, and great galaxy food. On Planet Super Stylish, I can’t help but show off my fabulous galaxy dress and walk on a cyber runway. I am so far away from everyone I know personally. But it is well worth it to explore this place that is different from earth. Everyone on this planet is a free-spirited individual, full of fun. I had no clue that one phone call would make my dreams come true.

On Planet Super Stylish, there is a random pay phone hanging in the cyber waiting room in the models’ coliseum. The models’ coliseum sits in middle of the planet with blinking lights going around the building. It’s a place where men and women come to be pampered with makeovers, all-day shopping, and finger-licking galaxy food by the Planet Super Stylish glam team.

This is an interesting pay phone, with violet-colored coins that are encrusted with orange diamonds. I am only allowed to use three coins for the pay phone. The phone is designed as a fuchsia stiletto. I insert coins in the heel, and it says in a digital voice (from the male operator, with music playing), "Thank you for inserting Planet Super Stylish coins in the stiletto. Call whomever you like. You only have two hours to talk."

Oh, my, I think to myself. Who can I call? Hmmmm (one finger tapping my head)… With uber excitement, I contact the one and only Oprah Winfrey. I contact Oprah to inform her how I got on Planet Super Stylish. I tell her I was abducted by robots that wanted me to experience the life they live as robots. I give her a description of the robots, which look like actual humans (androids), but I can tell they are robotic. They are very friendly with great personalities, and they are the life of the party. There is never a dull moment on this planet with these robots. Oprah begins to ask, with excitement in her voice, what is like to be on this planet? How does it look? I tell her it’s better than being on earth. Everything costs little or nothing, and no taxes included. Planet Super Stylish is designed like a coliseum, with flat-screen televisions, digital microwaves, and electronic shoe boxes one can open by pressing in a code.

I tell Oprah, "You should visit the planet so I can show you around and introduce you to the people who live here."

She replies, "I will take a jet and be there in one hour."

Oprah arrives, and everybody screams and chants, "Oprah, Oprah, Oprah!" As she enters the building, she sniffs the air, stating that this planet smells like fresh-baked chocolate cookies. Oh, how exciting it is to meet her.

Oprah gathers everyone in the auditorium of the models’ coliseum and says her famous line, "I can’t go without giving away something."

The crowd starts yelling, "OH, MY GOD! WHAT IS IT, OPRAH?"

She says, "Everyone is walking away with a red, flying, four-door Lexus hybrid (with her hands pointing towards the audience yelling… you get a car, you a car, you get a car), a digital blender for your beverages, and a year’s supply of clothes for everyone on Planet Super Stylish."
The crowd goes wild, screaming and crying, "Thank you, Oprah! This was everything I dreamed of!"


2 comments:

  1. Jasmine--You are the queen of the imagination, aren't you? This is an amazing piece. How did you think of all those unique details Of course, you are very super-stylish yourself, so it should not surprise me that you created such a super-stylish planet. I love your idea for the pay phone. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine: I love your sly wit! Oprah could only hope to visit a planet like this.

    ReplyDelete