Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knight in Tarnished Armor by Amber Gingiloski

        A medieval knight time-travelled to Madonna and is following me, singing love songs and defending me from my biology professor. What do I do with him? His voice is awful! I have to beg him to stop. I don’t mind him defending me–even if I don’t need it. I am very grateful for him carrying my backpack and my purse. They are so darned heavy. Not even my boyfriend will carry my purse without complaining, like this guy will. And when I’m too warm, the chivalrous knight fans me with a folder. But all of the chivalry in the world can’t turn an ugly boy cute. This sweet, attentive knight has a face not even a mother could love. At least I can fix his medieval hygiene habits and fashion. I know! I can find the sweet guy a nice blind girl. Then he can help carry her books. Hopefully she’s tone deaf, too, so she won’t mind the singing. My back might not appreciate this, but my sanity sure will.

(Response to prompt from Valentine’s Day Research/Write-a-thon)

1 comment:

  1. Those knights seemed romantic in the movies, but I bet they didn't bathe much. I agree, Amanda: You're probably better off carrying your own books.

    ReplyDelete