Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ready for a Road Trip by Ghawana Bennett

I can honestly say that I am worn out! I need a break. I need a break from work, school, answering questions all day, helping others make decisions, housework and just thinking. I want my brain to be “stuck on stupid.” I need a vacation! It would be amazing to go somewhere fun, dangerous and exciting, to be carefree. My type of a vacation would involve aquariums, museums, horseback riding, hang-gliding, zip lining and white water rafting. I want to grab my husband, two kids and go on a road trip!

 My family’s road trip would start off with my husband and me taking two months off of work. It would be in the summer so the kids would be out on summer vacation. I would go to the store and purchase a map of the United States. We would sit down as a family, choose five states, research fun activities in each of the five states, with our main destination being the Grand Canyon, and go. My husband loves museums, my 10-year-old daughter enjoys aquariums, my eight-year-old son loves animals, and I am fascinated with any activity that spells danger. We would pack very little clothing because we would shop on our way. Since we can’t afford to buy a RV/Motor home, we would rent a spacious one.

The RV would have a decked-out bathroom, a large bedroom and a washer and dryer because I hate dirty clothes. We would not pack a lot of food because on this trip we are going to eat at all the best restaurants. The best restaurants would be the restaurants with the greatest tasting food, no matter the cost. I would pack family games, make sure everyone had their iPods loaded with music, movies, games, books, and their minds loaded with fun ideas. 

When my family goes on a vacation, we never relax. We take advantage of all the fun activities and adventures. A day on the road for us would involve road games, singing songs, and lots of laughter. The only rest that we would get is when it was time to sleep. There would be no hotels because we would take full advantage of sleeping in the RV. My husband and I would take the bedroom, and my children would take the sleeper sofa.

After visiting the aquariums, museums, zoos, must-see sites and eating all the best food in the five states, we would then be on our way to the Grand Canyon. My husband always says, “I want to see the Grand Canyon before I die.” The Grand Canyon would be our final destination so he could check that off his bucket list. Once at the Grand Canyon, we would ride horses down the Canyon to see the beautiful sights, and stand on the glass top landing, looking over the Canyon.  My husband does not like heights so I’m not sure he would enjoy that activity. We would definitely white-water raft. I want to feel the water hitting my face and my heart pumping hard from the excitement. My family loves any activity that involves water, so I’m quite sure this adventure would be the most enjoyable.

Once our Grand Canyon adventure is over, we would return the RV and go back to our pre-road-trip lives. My children would return to school, my husband back to work, and me back to saying “I am worn out! I need a break. I need a break from work, school, answering questions all day, helping others make decisions, housework and just thinking.”

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and your family get the chance to take this wonderful vacation, Ghawana. I love your description of the white-water rafting.

    ReplyDelete