Sunday, March 18, 2012

In a Galaxy Far, Far Away by Tywonn Mitchell

Whoa, where am I? Last thing I remember is being at my house. Now it looks like I’m on a different planet. This place is so abandoned, and there is no type of houses or anything. I see a pay phone down there; I must go to it. It looks like there is money next to it also. Wow, this must be my lucky day because I have no money.
I just found three dollars. I wonder what I can get with this. The money on this planet is the exact opposite of the United States money. The coins are in the form of paper, and the dollars are in the form of silver. There is also a weird photo of some alien-type creature on their money. I’m guessing that this creature is the ruler of this planet. He has four eyes and one ear in the middle of his face. Everything else is the form of a regular human being, except his shiny gold skin. I think the only reason he has this gold color is because he is the ruler. There are pictures of other creatures, and their skin colors are all blue.


Their pay phones are expensive on this planet. The regular price for a call is one dollar and fifty cents and three dollars for any calls to another planet. There’s just enough currency for me to make one phone call. This pay phone is so weird. It’s see-through and it’s floating in the air. You have to drop the money in the top of the machine, and you can see it when it drops down. I don’t know who I could call to get me out of a situation like this. There are so many thoughts going through my head right now. Maybe I should call the police, but they probably would not believe me when I tell them I’m stuck on a different planet. I think I’m going to call my brother; he would know what to do in this type of situation. I only get one call, so I’m going to have to make him believe in me.

Hello, Aaron?

Brother: Yes this is him.

I’m stuck on this planet and I need you to get me some help. I don’t know how I got here exactly. It is a small planet with a whirl of stars revolving around it. It’s right by Jupiter because I can see Jupiter from where I am at now.

Brother: Wait, wait, slow down, Tywonn. What are you talking about?

I’m stuck on a different planet. Last thing I remember is being at home, then I woke up here. If you don’t believe me, check the number on your phone.

Brother: My phone says that you’re calling from somewhere called Sage.

Yes, that’s exactly where I’m at. The planet is very bright, and it has more of a square type shape. There is a huge blue and white skyscraper floating, so you can’t miss it.


Brother: Hold on, Tywonn, How would you expect me get you help?

I don’t know. Call the president or the CIA or something. I only have five minutes to talk on the pay phone, so I have to finish explaining how the planet looks. Right next to the building is a huge billboard that says, “Welcome to Sage,” with a picture of a gold creature with four eyes and one ear on its face. You could also tell when you’re close because the planet has a wet-paint type of smell. Also, I don’t have any money, so I don’t know when I can call back.

Brother: Okay, well, I will see what I can do.

I’ll see you when you get here. What am I supposed to do until someone gets here to rescue me from this place? Where are the reinforcements at on this planet? There is no place for me to go and get help. I don’t even see other creatures around here. There’s just one building around here and the rest of this area is just rocks. I guess I’m headed to the one building on the planet.


           

1 comment:

  1. Hope your brother came through for you, Tywonn. That planet sounds like a lonely place to wait.

    ReplyDelete